My 100th Post

According to blogging tradition, your 100th post has to include 100 things about yourself. I think this may be harder than I thought but here goes nothing.

  1. My middle name is Brooke.
  2. I have had 2 maiden names but I have only been married once. (I won't put them on here for security purposes though.)
  3. So you are probably confused. I had my Mom's name first but when my parents married later in life my name was changed to my Dad's last name.
  4. I would have had the same name as a famous person if I had my Mom's name.
  5. My parents got married in Hawaii when I was 8.
  6. Supposively, I was the flower girl even though I didn't get to be there. I'm confused about that to this day.
  7. My parents got a divorce when I was 11.
  8. I have 2 younger sisters.
  9. I have an older stepbrother and an older stepsister.
  10. I have moved many times in my life. Too many to count.
  11. I always had a boyfriend in high school.
  12. I regret always having a boyfriend in high school.
  13. I was a "flag twirler" in the band.
  14. I had no idea that flag twirling had anything to do with band until the first day of practice!
  15. I was mortified after I found out because I thought I would be automatically labeled as a band nerd before I even started school.
  16. I am so glad that I am not in high school anymore!
  17. I started drinking and using drugs when I was 13.
  18. My usage really increased when I was 15.
  19. By the time I was 19 I had been in jail twice and had 2 DUI's.
  20. I am an alcoholic.
  21. I am thankful for the consequences because it helped me get my life on track.
  22. My mom was killed in an car accident when I was 19.
  23. I still miss my mom on a daily basis.
  24. ...Especially now that I am a mom.
  25. Being a mom makes me wish I could go back and talk to her about her experiences with me.
  26. I now understand everything she tried to tell me as a child.
  27. As hard as this is to say, God has truly made her passing a blessing in disguise.
  28. Please don't hear that wrong: I wish it could have been ANY other way though.
  29. It led me to Jesus, eventually.
  30. If I could say just one thing to her now, it would be to thank her for that gift.
  31. She made the greatest sacrifice to help me find that gift: her life.
  32. After my second DUI, I finally realized that the lifestyle I was living was not working.
  33. I needed new friends, so I called Chris.
  34. Who is now my husband.
  35. I asked him if I could go to church with him. I needed new friends.
  36. I had no idea that I really needed Jesus.
  37. We hung out for a few weeks and I went to church with him.
  38. I loved his friends.
  39. But I was still kind of new to the "sober thing" so they seemed a little strange as well.
  40. I was received Jesus as my savior on January 18, 2004.
  41. The whole in my heart left by my mom's passing was finally filled.
  42. It was almost exactly 1 year after she died.
  43. The first time I ever felt God speak to me was on the 1 year anniversary of her death.
  44. I opened my Bible and Psalm 118:34 which says, " This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
  45. I had now idea where to find that verse, but God led me to it immediately.
  46. Chris and I started dating 2 days after I was saved. January 20, 2004.
  47. We dated until June because he broke up with me.
  48. I was shocked but God knows what he is doing.
  49. I grew so much in my relationship with Christ during that time. I am very thankful that I formed my identity as a believer apart from Chris.
  50. We got back together in October 2004.
  51. We were engaged in February 2005.
  52. I got to marry the man of my dreams on January 7, 2006.
  53. We adopted our first puppy, Baxter, the following April.
  54. We weren't sure we wanted children right away.
  55. We got pregnant 7 months later in November 2006.
  56. We had our first child on August 8, 2007.
  57. Her name is Michaela Grace.
  58. She is named after my mother, Michelle.
  59. Their name means "who is like God."
  60. We chose Grace because we realized that just as we did not deserve the grace we received from God, we did not deserve to be entrusted with this precious child.
  61. I am so thankful that God decided to give her to us for awhile though.
  62. We got pregnant with our second baby, a boy, in August 2008.
  63. Corbin Isaiah's due date is April 18, 2009.
  64. To most people we have the 'perfect family': Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother.
  65. I am also thankful that God has changed our minds about children.
  66. We always talked about the number of children we wanted to have.
  67. Then we realized that we had to let God control that area of our life just like we have to let Him control every aspect of our life.
  68. Children should be considered a blessing from God, not an inconvenience. (Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. ha ha)
  69. My husband also struggles with addiction problems.
  70. The first few years of our marriage have been trying.
  71. I am so thankful that he is in active recovery now.
  72. I am also thankful that God has been a solid rock to help us through the past few years.
  73. To be honest, I'm not sure if we would still be married if it wasn't for God.
  74. I would not change anything about my life experience because it has shaped me into the exact woman that God intended for me to be.
  75. I don't think I would appreciate the good times in our marriage, if I didn't have to experience the bad times. We are on the brink of better, healthier, and 'richer' instead of worse, sicker and poorer.
  76. God has always shown himself faithful.
  77. I don't know when this turned into my life story so I will give you random facts about me to finish this list.
  78. We have a house.
  79. We really want to sell this house!
  80. I have been to 4 colleges in my life.
  81. I do not have a degree.
  82. My favorite color is pink.
  83. I have new found love of reading.
  84. Raising children is harder then I ever imagined.
  85. I stink at doing laundry. I never get stains out and I never fold it when it first comes out of the dryer.
  86. And I can't use an iron that well.
  87. I love to scrapbook.
  88. I want to learn to sew.
  89. I wish I had naturally blond hair. I can't afford the upkeep.
  90. I love staying at home with Michaela.
  91. My husband and I dated for a few months in the 7 grade.
  92. I did the breaking up that time.
  93. I am slowly learning to cook. I was trained on box meals, so it may take a while.
  94. My biggest struggle in my relationship with God is my prayer life.
  95. I loved the Twilight saga, even though it was about vampires and werewolves.
  96. I am right handed.
  97. I am not a worrier at all. Sometimes to a fault.
  98. I have never been further west then St. Louis.
  99. My favorite job was working at American Eagle as an Assistant Manager.
  100. This was actually easier then I thought it would be.

2 Responses to "My 100th Post"

Anonymous (visit their site)

What a fantastic post! Cried through some of it. Amazing testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness to you. Amazing testimony of your softened heart before Him to do as He wills. I love the end random "facts" too. Glad to have seen a new post! I was wondering about you and what you were up to! Guess I should have just emailed ;)

Julie (visit their site)

love your list! Love what God is doing/has done in your life.