Standing on Holy Ground



Why Blog? What is Blogging? Should I enter the world of Blogging? Will I keep up with my blog? What is my purpose in Blogging? What should I title this blog? These questions have been running through my mind recently.

In my first posting, I would like to answer a few of these questions. My first purpose through this blog is mainly to chronicle our life at home. I have already found that I have forgotten some of the details about my daughter's life, and she is only 8 months old! Time goes by so quickly and I want to remember our life. I want to capture our memories.
Secondly, I want to pass on any information that is helping me grow in my relationship to Christ. We are all on a journey to know Him and become more like Him every day. I don't claim to know everything. In fact, the more I learn, the more I realize I have SO much more to learn.

Most importantly, I want these postings to bring Glory to God!

You may ask, "Where did your title come from?".
First, I would like to admit that the idea for the title of my blog is NOT original. The thought came from Donna Otto and her book Finding Your Purpose as a Mom: Building Your Home on Holy Ground. (Which, by the way, I have not read past chapter 1. Not because it's not good, but I sometimes have trouble finishing a book once I start.)

Having said that, I would like to explain this idea in a little more detail. In Exodus 3, God appears to Moses through a burning bush. After calling out his name, the first thing that God says to Moses is " 'Do not come any closer,' God said. 'Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.' (Ex 3:5)".

The ground that Moses was standing on when God appeared to him was holy. We are New Testament belivers, so once we accept Christ as our Savior the Holy Spirit dwells with in us. So, isn't everywhere we stand Holy Ground? I am reminded every day when I come in the door to take off my shoes because my home is Holy Ground. It is the small piece of the earth that God has given to me to care for.

I want to give God this blog as well. This is more Holy Ground for Him.

Let's take off our shoes together on this journey....

2 Responses to "Standing on Holy Ground"

Julie (visit their site)

Did you know Donna has a podcast? Her ministry is Homemakers by Choice. http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/homemakers_by_choice/

Amanda (visit their site)

I knew about her ministry, but I was not aware of the podcast. Thanks!