I have sewn my first project!

I got a sewing machine for Christmas. It only took me almost 8 months to finally get it out of the box. I have been completely intimidated by that little machine. Mostly because my background in sewing is very minimal. I learned to sew a button last year, finally.

But I have a very awesome, and patient, friend who offered to come offer and lend me her expertise. I am so thankful for her. I've always been sad because I had no idea how to sew. I really wanted to be able to pass this skill onto my little girl but felt completely inadequate.

Anyway, I digress. (I'm not sure who posted about this project and left the link so I have to say that I'm sorry for not being able to link to the middle man.)

I fell in love with this book case! It seems that at night she has to pull down every book in order to pick the one that she wants. This book case/shelf solves that problem. She is able to see the front of the book and not just the spine. Granted we have way more books then this shelf can hold so I will rotate the books out occasionally.

It is just her height. (Look to the right of the dresser.)
Close-up picture.
The pattern is of a mother and daughter. This may sound way too sentimental for a bookcase, but I had to have this pattern. I wanted to remember this project because it was the very first thing I sewed for her. I hope to pass on skills that make her an efficient wife and mother who glorifies the Lord.



[signature.jpg]

3 Responses to "I have sewn my first project!"

Our Little Family (visit their site)

Oh my goodness, this is SO adorable!!! I absolutely love it and the fabric is perfect. Gosh, I wish I had a sewing machine. I would love for Maddie to have something exactly like that in HER room. Great job!!

Sheena (visit their site)

That is so cool. You did a great job. I wish I had a sewing machine too and knew how to use it.

By the way I have a couple of awards for you on my blog.
The link is:
http://turningordinaryintoextraordinary.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-firstand-second-award.html

Amanda (visit their site)

Sheena- I just wanted to mention that I have not forgotten about these awards. Thank you so much! I am going to post about them soon. I've been so busy with her birthday this past weekend. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness though!