31 Days of Praying & Encouraging our Husbands


"She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."- Proverbs 31:12

I don't know about you, but sometimes I have a hard time praying for my husband as much as I should. When I forgot to pray for him, I am not doing the good that I need to do for him. It is such an awesome privilege and responsibility given to us as wives and we need to make sure that we are taking full advantage of the opportunity to pray.

I know that my husband, just like any of us, is tempted by Satan is some area every day. Can you imagine how much more equipped he would be if I esteemed him in prayer? Personally, if I knew someone was taking time to pray for my temptations every day, I would feel more capable to stand and fight. Yes, I know that ultimately God is the one who battles for us. I'm just saying that it helps. Prayer helps all of us. Without prayer we have lost the relationship that God desires for each of us. Prayer and His word are the foundation of our faith.

Having said this, I would like to post a challenge for all women. If you are married, then you can pray for your husband specifically. If you are single, you can pray for the man that God might bring into your life. The verse in proverbs says she brings him good ALL the days of her life. Pray that he would allow God to shape and mold him to be the man that you need him to be.
All of us can pray for the state of marriage in our country.

God has given them a great task of leading our families. Let's come together and lift up our men.

OK, so the challenge was an idea from Nancy Leigh DeMoss. She is the founder of Revive Our Hearts Ministries. (Her original challenge was a combination of the two separate ones she has now on her website. I'm going to go ahead and combine the two together.) For the next 31 days you will pray for a specific need in your husband's life. The topics will be posted here every day. Also, you have to say one nice thing to your husband and to someone else about your husband every day. Lastly, and this might be the hardest part :), you cannot say anything negative to your husband or to anyone else about your husband. We want to spend this next month lifting them up and encouraging them.

I have tried to do this a few times on my own and failed. I didn't have accountability and I fizzled out a few weeks into the challenge. I thought trying it on the web with other women would bring accountability. We could also encourage one another in this journey. God can do a great work in our marriages if we let Him in!

If you would like to do this challenge and cannot check this website every day, you can go here to print the downloadable PDF. You can print this off and follow along with us. Please hear my heart: This not about coming here to read what I have to say. This is about bringing glory and honor to God through our marriages. It is all about Him!

Are you up for the challenge?

(Please feel free to leave any comments. I would rather this be an open discussion. You all are very wise and I would love to hear what you have to say!)

4 Responses to "31 Days of Praying & Encouraging our Husbands"

Aunt A. (visit their site)

Sign me up for the challenge. I've tried this before too and failed. So I look forward to reading your posts and having a partner(s) for this challenge. My prayer life in general is not what I would like it to be so this can only help. Our husbands have such an important responsiblity as spiritual leaders of our homes so I'm sure they are prime targets for satan. Our husbands need our prayers. I also think it is important to only say positive things about our husbands and keep the negatives to ourselves or better yet give it to God. Of course I have to admit, I also love to check your blog to see the latest pictures of your little cutie.

Amanda (visit their site)

I'd like to Amen everything you said. Of all the spiritual disciplines, prayer is the weakest link in my walk with God. Ironically, it probably has the most power! I think it will be great to do this together.

Anonymous (visit their site)

I am definitely in. Sometimes I feel like the only things I say to my husband are negative. I truly think this could really help him and also strengthen our relationship tremendously. My prayer life is also not what it should be and I think this is a wonderful opportunity God is presenting me with in order to change that. Let's do this together...

Julie (visit their site)

What a super idea, Amanda! Did you know that NLDeMoss is hosting a "True Woman" conference in Chicago - Oct 9-11? more details: http://www.truewoman.com/

I'm hoping to go.