Day 3-Agree with God about Sin

Well, yesterday was a better day then day Thursday. I didn't say anything negative to him or about him! It felt really good to talk about him in a positive light. By the grace of God today will be the same!

Here is our prayer for today:
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)

How was your day?

4 Responses to "Day 3-Agree with God about Sin"

Aunt A. (visit their site)

I prayed for my dh alot yesterday. When I finally saw him that evening, I was not very happy about his mood. I immediately wanted to vent to a friend about how awful I thought he was behaving. I struggled whith the urge to say alot of negative things. I really felt the devil working overtime in my life. I was quite surprised at how much I prayed and thought of my dh during the day. I thought wow this want be so hard and then wham I hit the wall. I praise God that I had the strength to persevere, but only with his strength. Looking back, I know that last night could have been much worse, but the prayer obviously worked. Amanda, I know what you mean about saying comments in a joking way but actually meaning what you said. I am quit guilty of this myself. I think it was wonderful that you apologized to him and in front of others. You are setting a great example.

Aunt A. (visit their site)

It's me again. I read the prayer for today and I actually cried. My dh's behavior yesterday has to do with something I see as a problem "sin", but he doesn't. We had a long discussion today (this was before I read your post and prayed this particular prayer) and he still disagrees with me. I know that only God can convict him of his sin. All I can do is pray and leave it in His hands.

Anonymous (visit their site)

I am glad you are willing to embark on such a challenging journey and share it with others! Never stop persevering!

I have been praying for Matt everyday. That's not the hard part. The hard part is not belittling him in any way throughout the day. Tonight I praised him to a friend and it felt so good! It made me more excited to see him when I got home. Thanks for the challenge!

Amanda (visit their site)

I'm so thankful that God is using this to stregthen marriages. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this journey. It helps us to stay accountable and to encourage one another.

Aunt A- Your story is a great help. It can be so easy to vent to our friends about our husbands but it may not always be the wisest thing to do. It was such a great idea to pray instead of talking to someone else. Ultimately, God is the only one who can make change!