Day 5- Honor your Vows

I am so thankful that God has given us this challenge! I feel that this challenge couldn't have come at a better time. God has perfect timing; I really needed this extra encouragement.

Can I just add a dose of encouragement for you? I was going to write about what I have done in the past day and half that was negative. (I had another joke that shouldn't have been said and I had a bad attitude this morning) However, I don't want this to turn into something that is either pass or fail. That is only going to bring us down. Yes, the goal is to be encouraging and uplifting. I don't want to excuse our behaviors, but I do want to applaud you for making an effort. Just making a conscious effort to become more like Christ with our husbands is a great start. Sometimes we have formed bad habits and they will take work to break. I hate that I make jokes that belittle him. Yesterday as I was calling him the name, I started to trail off toward the end of the word. The fact that I noticed what I was doing is going to help me change my actions. I can't let God help fix sin that I don't realize exists.

Since I posted day 4 so late here is the prayer for yesterday again:
Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)

Here is the prayer for today, Day 5:
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)

If you have messed up in the first few days, just take a deep breath and don't beat yourself up. Ask God and your husband for forgiveness. Be thankful that God is showing you the sin in your own life. There is NOTHING that we can do to change our husbands apart from prayer. Let's just focus on being a wife that is a true helper to her husband.

0 Responses to "Day 5- Honor your Vows"